Here's my own signature chilli recipe! It's a great hearty meal packed with vegetables and protein, and so much flavour.
My husband and I have perfected this recipe over the years by experimenting with combinations. We learned how to make chilli from our parents and then created our own version through experimenting with flavours.
You can make this in a crock pot or on the stove in a large pot. Mix up the vegetables and spices for your own spin if you would like!
Chop up all the vegetables. Drain and rinse the beans. Cook the ground beef with some garlic and pepper. You can add as much ground beef as you would like. Either store these ingredients in the fridge for easy prep in the morning, or toss them right into your crock pot. Put the tomatoes with their juice in the pot, and the tomato sauce. Add all the spices, and give the pot a stir. Set the crock pot on high for about 5 hours or on low for about 8 hours if you want to have it cook while you are at work. If you are cooking on the stove, set the heat to low-medium and keep an eye on it. It will need to cook for a few hours. Stir the pot periodically.
Basically, just throw all of the ingredients below into a pot and cook.
- 3 different coloured bell peppers, diced
- 12 stalks of celery, diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ground beef seasoned with garlic and pepper
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes (800mL)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (400mL)
- 1 can of mixed beans (540mL)
- 1 can of chickpeas (540mL)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian spice
- 5 twists sea salt
- 10 twists pepper
- sprinkle of crushed chilli peppers
- a few shots of Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp stevia