There are small ways you can add physical activity to your day through your regular daily activities. Adding in a few minutes here and there will add up to make a big difference in your health. Physical activity bursts throughout your busy day will also help keep you energized!
- Walk those extra few steps: Add in more walking whenever you can by parking at the back of the parking lot, getting off the bus a few stops early, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or going for a walk on your lunch break.
- Exercise with friends and family: Instead of meeting your friends for lunch (which usually leads to unhealthy nutrition choices), meet up for a walk/bike ride/rollerblade/run instead! This will allow you to talk and catch up, but it will also help you fit in your exercise! You could also cut out an hour of TV with your family and instead take that time to play some backyard sports!
- Don't drive anywhere under the distance of 3K: Pick a distance, whatever you think is realistic for yourself. Whenever you have something to do, errands to run or even just going to and from work, use another type of transportation. Walk, run, bike, rollerblade, or skateboard instead!
- Exercise during your work breaks: Everyone needs breaks from work to stay productive and de-stress. Use these breaks to do something active. You could go for a walk, do some stretches, or crank out a few push ups! You don't need much time. Take 5 minutes every hour! Those 5 minutes will add up, and you will have gotten in your exercise without even realizing it!
- Make exercise part of your daily morning/night routine: You are used to brushing your teeth every morning and night, and you could also get used to doing a few exercises as well. Why not make it a plan to hold a timed plank each day before you step out the door in the morning or hit the pillow at night?