Health Benefits of Drinking Enough Water
- Prevents dehydration
- Cleans toxins from the body
- Promotes healing
- Keeps skin healthy looking
- Helps control body weight
- Helps regulate body temperature
- Lubricates muscles and joints
- Regulates metabolism
Calculating Your Water Needs
Divide your weight in pounds by 2. The result is the number of ounces of water you need each day.
Divide your weight in kilograms by 30. The result is the number of litres of water you need each day.
Note: You will need more water in hotter weather and with exercise.
Tips for Drinking More Water
- Carry a water bottle with you throughout the day
- Keep water next to you when you are at work or sitting down for long periods of time
- Keep water ready in the fridge so that it is cold
- Add fresh fruit slices like lemons, limes or cucumbers or herbs like mint or rosemary to your water to give it flavour
- Sip water throughout your meals
- Drink a glass of water before each meal
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (they contain water)
- Set a timer to remind you to drink water throughout the day
- Drink caffeine-free teas